Comm-Ply are a manufacturer of commercial lining kits that are fitted to the interior of vehicles. With over 20 years’ experience operating in the fast paced and dynamic commercial manufacturing sector. Comm-ply provide a true end-to-end service; from Interior ply lining, bulkheads, racking, glass racks etc to Exterior tow bars, reverse cameras, light bars, chapter 8 etc. Comm-Ply have fitment teams that travel country wide fitting all aftermarket products.
Role: Production Operative
Type: Full Time (Negotiable 4 day weeks)
Salary: Comm-ply have a stringent training/fitting plan and salary scale for all our Production Operatives based on 4 levels, all new Production Operatives start at Bronze level which is £29,315 per annum. Progression into Silver and Gold Installer levels are based on performance, length of service and training criteria’s.
Location: Bristol branch which is located at 3 Deans Road, Trading Estate, Avonmouth, Bristol BS11 8AT.
Responsible to the Production Manager, you’ll ensure the CNC machines are kept running, producing high quality and accurate parts with a good level of efficiency.
You’ll work Monday to Friday 6am – 5pm and overtime may be required but you’ll benefit from 22 days holiday and bank holidays. From 3 years’ service to 5 years’ service you will gain an additional day holiday capped at 25 days. An additional one days holiday is issued per annum for Gold graded Production Operatives and an additional two days holiday is issued per annum for Platinum graded Production Operatives.
IT literate, you’ll be fluent in English and able to follow detailed instructions. CNC experience is preferred and you should be experienced with use of power and hand tools. Ideally, you’ll be a great communicator who’s self motivated and can enjoy a fast-paced environment. You should be hardworking, approachable and enthusiastic with a willingness to grow. Fork lift truck experience and health & safety experience is desirable.
- Check parts produced are of a high quality and accurate to requests.
- To carry out general maintenance of the equipment as per training and manufacturers guidelines.
- To keep the machines running to produce products to meet daily targets.
- Report any faults immediately and complete machine safety checks frequently.
- Monitor machine consumables and inform the workshop manager when more parts are required.
- Maintain a clean and organised working area.Undertake training as required.
- Empty waste material regularly to avoid overflow.
- General warehousing duties
- Assist in development and promote the culture of continuous improvement, thereby recommending and implementing authorised changes.
- Comply with Health & Safety regulations at all times.
- Maintain good housekeeping of the department including the equipment within it.
- Ensure high standards of conduct, appearance and behaviour are met at all times.
- Communicate effectively with all team members, colleagues and management team.
- Participate in the company stock takes when necessary.
In addition to the above duties and responsibilities, the job holder is required to perform any other duty requested by Management from time to time.
- Time between cuts should be 5 min (machine stop time).
- Maintenance of dedicated machinery & tooling – Daily.
- Faults with Machine or Product to be reported to manager within 5 minutes.
- Machinery waste to be emptied daily.