Comm-Ply are a manufacturer of commercial lining kits that are fitted to the interior of vehicles. With over 20 years’ experience operating in the fast paced and dynamic commercial manufacturing sector. Comm-ply provide a true end-to-end service; from Interior ply lining, bulkheads, racking, glass racks etc to Exterior tow bars, reverse cameras, light bars, chapter 8 etc. Comm-Ply have fitment teams that travel country wide fitting all aftermarket products.
Type: Full Time
Location: Comm-Ply, 1 Lockwood house, Lockwood Way, Leeds LS11 5TQ
Responsible to the Installer Team Leader, you will install aftermarket products to vehicles across the country to an excellent standard while providing and excellent customer service.
Comm-ply has a stringent training/fitting plan and salary scale for all our fitters based on three levels – Bronze Installers (£31,500pa), Silver Installers (£33,500pa) and Gold Installers (£35,500pa). This is built into a career progression plan which is reviewed half yearly (Jan/July).
All new Installers start at Bronze level which is £31,500 per annum. Progression into Silver and Gold Installer levels are based on the products on which you are trained and able to fit without assistance.
Interested in working fewer hours? We offer four day weeks (salary & holiday reduced to reflect reduction in days).
Workwear, including shoes and tools, ia provided. After successful passing of a three month probation period, you will receive Perkbox which offers discounts, gifts, access to courses, and many more benefits.
You will work Monday to Friday from 6am to 5pm. Overnight stays and overtime may be required from time to time. Holiday entitlement is 22 days per annum plus bank holidays. From 3 years’ service to 5 years’ service, you will gain an additional day’s holiday capped at 25 days.
- To install aftermarket accessories to vehicles.
- Ensuring the quality and safety of the products installed to vehicles.
- Follow customer requirements and specifications.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of customers while on their site.
- Successfully update and complete schedules using a PDA (iPad).
- Perform daily checks on the vehicles.
- Keep vehicle clean and tidy.
- Communicate any issues while on site to the Customer Service team.
- Report any complaints.
- Assist in development and promote the culture of continuous improvement, thereby recommending and implementing authorised changes.
- Comply with Health & Safety regulations at all times.
- Maintain good housekeeping of the department including the equipment within it.
- Ensure high standards of conduct, appearance and behaviour are met at all times.
- Communicate effectively with all team members, colleagues and management team.
- Participate in the company stock takes when necessary.
In addition to the above duties and responsibilities, the job holder is required to perform any other duty requested by Management from time to time.
Below are the products you must be trained and proficient in fitting on a solo basis in order to move up Installer level:
|Small Van Ply
|Chevrons (incl. stripe)
|Med Van Ply
|Large Van Ply
|XL Van Ply
|Keyless Running System
|Rear Door Ladders
|Front Facing Camera
Please note that to secure Gold level you will also need to be able to run your own team of installers and train new installers to company standards when required and you are expected to pass an in house MESF installer course and a First Responder first aid course, paid for by the company
- Log completed fitments on Knack – end of same working day
- Reporting site issues – within 15 minutes.
- Complete vehicle check & check equipment requirements – Daily AM task 15 mins before set off.