Middleton Manufacturing is the UK’s largest car mat manufacturer with over 50 years of heritage.
Role: Sewing Machinist
Type: Full Time
Salary: Paid Piece Rate (for work produced). OTE on average achieves £34,000 per annum.
Location: Middleton Manufacturing, Cartwright Street, Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire BD19 5LY
Responsible to the Production Team Leader, you’ll carry out the manufacturing process that has been allocated to the sewer. Ensuring that work is carried out effectively and in line with company KPIs.
You’ll work Monday to Friday from 6am to 6pm. Overtime may be required on a Saturday from time to time.
Based in Cleckheaton at the above address, you’ll benefit from 22 days’ holiday per year plus Bank Holidays.
You’ll be accurate in your work with experience in Production and in Industrial Machine Sewing.
Ideally, you’ll bring strong oral and written communication skills, and good interpersonal skills. You’ll take ownership of your work and have good time-keeping and house-keeping standards.
- To carry out production sewing tasks in line with KPI’s and maximising output.
- Highlight immediately any issues affecting productivity in the first instance to Management.
- To assist the Management in implementing work culture and production plan.
- Assist wherever deemed necessary by Management.
- Maintain quality standards in line with the Middleton Manufacturing Ltd quality standards.
- Assist with identifying areas for improvement within your dedicated area.
- To participate in the Company stock check as and when required in conjunction with the Group Buyer.
- You will be responsible in assisting the management in maintaining the 5s to keep the factory clean, tidy and well organised always.
- Ensuring that daily checks on your equipment are carried out and that scheduled maintenance and repairs are requested and completed in a manner which minimises disruption to production.
- Maintain the ethos of care for our machines and products, including the maintenance and checks on machinery.
- Adhere to Health & Safety measures at all times.
- Ensuring the safe operation of all processes and that correct personal protective equipment is used for the task and that all safety issues are reported in accordance with policy, helping to develop and comply with appropriate risk assessments.
- Accepting and progressing works orders, ensuring that expectations and deliverables are posted, shared and met.
- Problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Maintain an excellent standard of housekeeping.
- Ensure that the customer receives the right product at the right time on time every time.
- To manage watch list customer orders to and maintain strong communication with customer services on any order queries.
- Ensure high standards of conduct, appearance and behaviour are met at all times.
- To inform the management when company standards are not being met.
- Communicate effectively with all members of the team and departments.
In addition to the above duties and responsibilities, the job holder is required to perform any other duty requested by Management from time to time.
Output must exceed the following mat set quantities per day:
- Multi material with Multicolour binding: 160
- Multi material with black cloth binding: 200
- Multi material with no heel pad: 200
- Universal mats: 200